Adjustment of Majestic frameless shower screen

crt

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, we're thinking about installing a Majestic frameless shower screen once I've built the enclosure to suit it. Problem is this. The tray will be 1200x800 and the enclosure will be built to this size, and then tanked and tiled to the tray. Once tanked and tiled, the relevant dimensions of the tray are going to be fractionally less than 1200mm - say 1175mm (two lots of 10mm tiles and cement, plus nominal tanking membrane thickness).

The supplier of the screen has suggested not ordering it until the enclosure is complete, tiled etc as the screen might not fit if (as is inevitable) the available dimensions are less than 1200mm.

However, the Majestic marketing materials suggest the screen is adjustable between 1175-1192.

The question is, then, does anyone know if and how the screens are adjustable/adjusted? (As they are frameless, it is difficult to see how the tolerances would work without gaps appearing).

Sponsored Links
most shower screens fit into channels fitted at either side the screens can be moved in or out within the channels.
i have never had a problem making the plasterboarde opening to fit the tray and the tiling.
can't see how it can be totally frameles if it opens and closes

Thanks. I think that must be right - there does appear to be a channel option, recessed or surface, which must take the fixed "frameless" panel, the hinged door coming off the opposite wall.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back