Fitting a 1600mm shower base

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I want to put a 1600mm shower base in our bathroom, but I'm not sure I can "make up the difference". As per the picture below, one wall is back to the brick, and the other is 12mm No More Ply Cement Board on studs. The distance between them is 1670. Is it possible I can make up the 70mm with tiles, adhesive, cement boards
so the 1600mm base will fit nicely?
Shower base.jpg

Many thanks,

Carl...

Sponsored Links
You could always fit some battens to make a false wall, finishing with cement boards and tiles. Make sure to loose fit the base and include he tiles plus adhesive before determining the size of the battens.

Sponsored Links
There are lots of 1650mm trays available or do you need it 1600 to fit doors etc?

Further question; The wall that is back to brick will have 6mm cement boards attaching with adhesive and screws. Looking at these pictures, would you say the walls are ready, or do I need to spend more time chipping off the old render to make it flatter?

a.jpg

b.jpg

c.jpg

d.jpg

e.jpg

f.jpg

Cheers,

Carl...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back