Fitting a 3rd Gen Nest

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have an Ideal Vogue C32 sited in the garage, with a iFlo Digistat +2 programmer and thermostat which lives in the hallway.

I initially bought a Hive, and returned it and picked up a Nest instead because of its OpenTherm support.

Can someone shed some light on the wiring, as well as incorporating OpenTherm for me?

Is it possible to self fit?

Thank you

Dan

Sponsored Links
The latest version of the Ideal Vogue (Gen 2) has the boiler wiring terminals contained inside a room sealed compartment, so installation should not be DIY. Making the connections should only be done by a Registered Gas Installer (RGI) so that they can make sure that it is sealed up again properly afterwards.

I don't know if this is the same for the older versions of the Vogue or not, but if, and only if, it is possible to access the boiler wiring terminals without opening a room sealed compartment then, installation isn't too difficult. Once you have power to the Heat Link (230V from the same 3A FCU as the boiler) and Nest thermostat (12v from the Heat Link or separate power supply) The Heat Link has a couple of terminals marked 'Open Therm' and so does the boiler, they connect together.

Any existing external thermostat / time controls should be removed, and you will probably need to reinstate a link joining together the terminals marked 'roomstat / timer' if there's not one there already. If the boiler has an internal timeswitch this should be set to be permanently on.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back