Fitting a cooker hood over tiles

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello guys,

I recently had the kitchen walls tiled, in the area between the two wall cabinets where the hood is doing, was tilled to the top of the cabinets.

The hood will go all the way up to the ceiling. The hood back of the hood will be sitting half on the tils and half against the painted wall, but obviously there will then be a gap between the back of the hood and the wall for it to sit virtually.

Anyone got any ideas how I can get around this? I guess it will look more off with the chimney part of the hood, sitting away from the wall.

j

Sponsored Links
i think you havnt got a reply, is cos I & maybe others cant understand what you are saying..
But...I have bumpted this for you.

The hood should of been fitted first, then tiled.

Too late now.

Just fit it, chaulk it after....?

Sponsored Links
Hello guys,

Re-read through my post on Saturday morning. Please excuse my poor use of the English language.

Anyhow, to the matter in hand. What I ended up doing for lining up the top of the hood with the top of the tiles, cutting a small corner of the chimney section so it sat over the tiles and had it flush up the wall. They chimney sits about 6mm further back on the hood than it should but
as a work around it appears to have worked quite well.

Thanks

James

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back