Fitting a counter top basin

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We've got a wooden countertop and have a basin to go on top of it, however I'm reading various techniques on how to attach it.

From what I can tell, I have 2 options:

A) Cut a hole 45mm wide to accommodate the clicker plug. Silicone the basin to the top and drop in the plug.
Then tighten the nut on the clicker to the underside of the worktop

B) Cut a hole 55mm wide to accommodate the the clicker plug and nut. Silicone the basin to the top, drop the plug in and tighten the nut to the bottom of the basin

Option A seems like the most logical to me as it provides a more secure fastening, but I'm not sure. Any suggestions?

Sponsored Links
Some "trendy" models of counter top basins have a couple of ridges so the basin can sit proud of the worktop or fit in completely in the hole that is cut, this maybe why there are two different sizes for the hole.
I did one like that a few months ago, unfortunately it caused a domestic dispute, the wife wanted it sitting proud of the worktop, the husband wanted it flush,
of course I had to install it by instructions of "SWMBO"
The Husband called me back a couple of months later and I had to fit it Flush with the worktop :rolleyes:

rectangle-mounted-loop-lifestyle-258x275.jpg

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back