Fitting a fire surround

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone,

I am about to fit a fire surround with Marble hearth and backplate into my living room, on a flat wall (electric fire unfortunately!!). It has been supplied with some keyhole fixings, which I guess will stick out of the side of the surround. Can anyone offer advice on the best way of fixing this to my wall in a way that I can't see the fixings? (I'm willing to consider No More Nails.......) It is just a plain wood surround, but obviously needs to be reasonably well secured, as it is a marble backplate being held up by it!

Thanks in advance

Paul

Sponsored Links
try fitting the key hole slots facing inwards. measure the distance to the slot and fix screw to wall on both sides you may have to buy different slotted brackets, but at least you will not see them.

try fitting the key hole slots facing inwards. measure the distance to the slot and fix screw to wall on both sides you may have to buy different slotted brackets, but at least you will not see them.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back