Gas fire back panel to fire surround gap

23 Apr 2017
Reaction score
United Kingdom
Hi, 3rd post here and just hoping for a little guidance, not sure if this is posted on the right section though.
I have just purchased a plaster fire surround (not everyone is a fan I know) and I have overlooked requesting the measurement of the rebate.
When the surround is against the wall there is a 30mm gap where the legs and under corble would mount to the marble back panel.
I was leaving the original fire and back panel in place (or so I thought) as I didn't want to risk breaking the back panel to move it forward 30mm, and not sure if the fire would move that much without me having to get an engineer out.
Ideally I would just like to fill the gap if anyone knew of any suitable products out there.
The surround is not fixed to the wall yet if it meant applying something to the surround is easier first?
The fire would be used on rare occasions.
Many thanks in advance :)
Sponsored Links
Legs are straight

Under corble has a shape to it
Lower corble.jpg

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links