Fitting a Flexible flue liner

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
As part of the fitting of my wood burning stove, I will have to install a flue liner. This then begs a few questions.

• 1. I have quite a tall house, so getting up on the roof myself is out of the question. I suspect region of 7-8 metres. How much could I expect to pay for someone to do the job ?

2. Who would do such a job and what is involved ?

3. I've tried to find some online diagrams that show the various plates that you would need to fit but without success. Know of any ?

4. With a stove that has pipework to a boiler and a rear flue connection, how is provision made for sweeping the flue ?

5. How do you get the flue liner connected to the flue and the boiler pipes connected at the same time ? Obviously you need sufficient space to get your hands in the back but you also want to be able to move the stove reasonably flush to the fireplace without damaging the pipework.

:oops: Not many Q's !!!

Col

Sponsored Links
Don't worry about the answers to your questions, you need to have a HETAS certified operator who will know it all, to install your flue unless you don't mind the building control route.

So hope this helps.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back