Wood Burner Flue Help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just purchased a Evergreen ST0311 multi fuel stove secondhand. Flue diameter on the stove is 127mm. I've fitted the stove to my exsisting fireplace which used to have a gas fire fitted sometime ago, the chimney is lined with a 7 inch flexible liner.

In the past the smoke test done by the gas man was fine for drawing the smoke up the chimney when the gas fire was on. I've simply stuck the enamelled solid steel stove pipe which is around 500mm long up in to the flexible steel liner. Unfortunately this does not seem to work as the fire does not burn very well even with the vents and flue damper fully open on the fire. The house is pretty old with no closed rooms.

Do i need to seal the gap between the stove pipe and flexible liner. If so please advise on the best method as I only have about 3.5" between the top of the stove and the liner closing plate. Thanks

Sponsored Links
you should really use an adapter from your flue pipe to your liner.the flue off the fire sould fit into socket on fire and sealed with fire rope and or fire clay.your flue off the fire seems very small if its leaving 3.5 inch gap at the 7 inch flue liner.ring fluestox on 01618488987 and ask for suitable adapter.

Thanks for the info, will give them a ring tomorrow.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back