fitting a kitchen

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
in the corner of my room there is full length brick pillar 12cm deep and 26cm wide. This means my units have to come away from the back wall by 12cm. As units are about 60cm deep does this means my laminate top has to be at least 72cm ? Can I but laminate at this size ? Also is it still possible for me to buy a kitchen from Ikea based on these measurements ? I like the double DOMSO sink which is 64cm deep - however it looks like this has to be flush with the back wall, is this the case as if so its not deep enough. Any help appreciated.

Sponsored Links
tony - if you modify the unit (cut away the back) it should fit over your pillar and go flat against the wall as will the rest of the units. The units will the accept a standard worktop (one where the corner has been cut away 12cm x 26cm) - quite a common thing to do as lots of kitchens have pillars/boxed in pipes etc.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back