Kitchen Cabinets - Cut to Fit?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I'm fitting new cabinets in a very small kitchen

I'm using standard 800 cabs into the corners on the far wall, and with the 227mm gap I have to allow on each end there's plenty of room for them.

Problem is the total length of those cabs is approx 30mm too wide to line up properly with the cabs at 90 degrees to them.

I plan to trim 30mm off the back of the cabs on one of the walls, from the service gap, to get these to line up. Also then trim 30mm off the worktop which fits on the top. This worktop will also have the sink in, which is a 500mm deep sink.

This OK do you think?

Sponsored Links
May make the sink surrounding timber too narrow depends on sink style and cut out dimensions. [You could sit the cup'd a little further out and fit a narrower door so if you are fitting a 400mm door to corner fit a 300mm instead. assuming this fits your room layout which is not specified.]

Thanks Foxhole

Sink I'm planning to use is

Overall dimensions: (L)860x(W)500x(D)200mm
Bowl size: (L)353x(W)396x(D)200mm
Cut-out size: (L)840x(W)480mm

Sound OK?

Sponsored Links
Rather narrow support for sink, 40mm worktop? you could rout the under side of the draining board section [usually around 20mm depth, leaving 20mm intact and seal] and just cut out hole for sink section reducing size of weak area. Should be enough support from carcase under thin section.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back