Kitchen worktop - fitting myself.

6 Jan 2004
Reaction score
United Kingdom
I have a beech worktop which I need to cut in two, to fit on top of some free standing Habitat cupboards.
I have a corner cabinet already fixed in place, and I now have to fit the worktop along one wall.
I do not have to sut out any sink holes, so all I really need to do it secure the worktop to the wall, to the tops of the cupboards, and also to the corner cabinet.
I will probably have to also buy some sort of chrome pole to secure a corner of the worktop which is going from the corner unit, over the top of a dishwasher, but has nothing to secure itself to after that, hence the need for a pole.
Could someone please let me know what I should be using to secure against the walls, and also to the corner unit.
Also, I would like to know if places like B&Q would cut the sorktop for me once I've worked out the measurements.
Sponsored Links
I don't think B&Q will cut it for you, but they would probably cut one you bought from them.

If it is solid beech all you need is a circular saw, it isn't hard to do yourself.

Alteratively find a local joiners shop and ask them to do it for you.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links