fitting a new bath

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am replacing an old baath, which has been sunk into the floor (ground floor of a bungalow, as an aside they mades a real pigs ear of fitting it, cutting all the floor joists off to let the bath rest on the bathroom floor. I am about to replace the joistsm and fit a conventional bath. The piping to the old bath i tink is 3/4in, Is it Ok to supply a bath through 15mm pipework or should it be 22mm, I appreciate that using the smaller diameter will cause a reduced flow rate, but that isnt a problem.

Sponsored Links
what boiler have you got to heat the hot water?

You will have 15mm cold and 22mm hot unless its tank fed cold

I have a combi boiler, the pipework if i can call it that for this bathroom, is very old, the hot is 3/4in, the cold i think , is a 15mm spur of an black alkathene pipe which feeds the cold around the bungalow. Can i reduce the hot to 15mm before fitting to the taps

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back