Fitting a new T in existing solvent weld pipe run

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just wondered if there is a trick of the trade I'm missing here. I need to fit a T (capped with an access cap) to a long run of 40mm pipe. It's an existing run that wouldn't meet current building regs and ultimately will need a pump, but it's my mate's flat and he's not very flush atm. They keep having block issues with the kitchen waste which runs approximately 8m in a straight run before joining the bathroom waste whuch then runs another 5m or so before exiting and joining the soil stack.

So basically I've got a long straight run that I want to put a T in for rodding, but I'm worried that I won't be able to bend the pipe enough to get the collars of the fitting over the ends of the pipe. Am I worrying over nothing, or is there a knack to it?

Sponsored Links
My concern is that I won't have enough movement to get the fitting on. However, I really think he needs a pump fitted as he hasn't got enough of a gradient, but he can't really afford one atm. Given that, I'd rather not have anything that isn't solvent welded in the run.

You'll be lucky to find anything solvent weld that would fit into a long straight run that doesn't have play at either end. Don't know anyone that does a slip type solvent T.

Macalpine do a compression slip T which allows it to be used in such situations though and I guess it could be used as a rodding access.

You'd be looking for a V1MX -
http://www.mcalpineplumbing.com/1-189-equal-slip-tee-with-universal-connections.html

Sponsored Links
Could you not replace from the sink trap, then use the access tee instead of an elbow ? Be easier to rod this way.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back