Fitting a new water supply pipe to my property

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am replacing an old lead water pipe to my property with plastic. Can someone please tell me what are the regs regarding how to replace this old lead pipe.

My intension is to fit plastic pipe to the house then run off in copper pipe around the house.

What size of pipe should i use from the plastic pipework to the house and what type of fittings can i use to connect the copper pipe to the plastic.

basicaly i would appreciate a full idiots guide from start to finish to complete the job lol. Many thanks in advance :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Notify water supplier, and wait for instructions to proceed in writing.

Dig a big hole 800mm down from the house to the stopvalve, repairing the electric cable, phone cable, drains, and the old water pipe as you damage them on the way.

Excavate under building to maintain a 750mm dept to the inside of the building and sleeve.

Line trench with sand and lay pipe, wait for inspector to inspect and pass the work to date, seal sleeve into the building.

Cover pipe with sand, leaving room for the suppier to re-connect to the Company stopvalve.

roll out marker tape and backfill.

roll of pipe 32mm or 25mm

stopvalve for inside with a copper conversion.

drain cock.

doitall said:
Notify water supplier, and wait for instructions to proceed in writing.
drain cock.

A very complete answer! Now we just need to link to this message next time the question comes up.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back