Fitting a PIV unit in loft

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

bought a Drimaster 2000 unit of ebay but came with no ceiling diffuser or ducting. Bought a 200mm grill and flex ducting but unsure how I would attach something like that to the unit. Is there some kind of clip or something I can use to attach the ends to the unit and ceiling duct?

Cheers

Sponsored Links
You need to use the correct outlet diffuser as a normal grill will be just like a fan blowing out cold air

Plastic electrical ties are used to hold the ducting on, and there are foam seals IIRC

Have you had a proper assessment of the rest of the property to see if outlet vents or passive vents are required?

You need to use the correct outlet diffuser as a normal grill will be just like a fan blowing out cold air

Plastic electrical ties are used to hold the ducting on, and there are foam seals IIRC

Have you had a proper assessment of the rest of the property to see if outlet vents or passive vents are required?

I'm replacing a similar unit that was already up but broke . Presume the person who initially had it fitted had an assesment done.

When you say a normal grill wouldn't work, I was looking at these kind of things :- http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Air-Vent-..._Hearing_Cooling_Air&var=&hash=item41638e6d34

Do you think that would do the job?

Ta

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
That one is normally for extract.

If you don't use the specific manufacturers outlet on these units, then you risk just a stream of direct air coming out, which will feel really draughty and may cause the unit to work not as intended

Sponsored Links
Hmm,,quite annoying. I was looking at the installation instructions and just thought any 4 way vent would work - see here http://nuaire.info/IandM/671109.pdf

I did contact Drimaster re. a spare diffuser but the quoted me £80 which I thought was a bit OTT.

Do you know of any 3rd party diffusers that might work?

Thanks

You could try that cheap one. It will work, but you need to see what the air flow is like. It may be OK in the location you have selected.

The ceiling diffusers send the air slowly along the ceiling, and cause little disturbance to the air below, thus limited draughts. That is the concept, so if you bear that in mind with any alternate ones, then you'll know what to look for.

Have you had a look at the outlets from other manufacturers?

I see - so you think it might just vent draughts of cold air rather than diffusing them.

I haven't been able to find much at all on any of them, just generic office kinda vents. - I got the part number for the Drimaster diffuser kit but can't even find anything on that online.

Any ideas where to look?

Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back