Fitting a radiator corner valve

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I have bought corner valves to use on a new towel radiator. As you can see on the attached pics, one end of the valve has a small circular hole, the other end has a large semicircular hole. Which end should I connect to the pipe and which end should I connect to the radiator?
Many thanks for any help!
IMG_20221005_105631.jpg
IMG_20221005_105609.jpg

Sponsored Links
What tails came with the valve? Are both ends of the valve compression or is one end a union?

If they are both compression tails then it won't matter.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the replies.

Both ends of the valve look exactly the same except, when I look deep into it, one a small circular hole, the other end has a large semicircular hole - as shown in the previous pics.

I'm not a plumber (so I don't know a union from a compression) but you can see exactly what I've got here: https://www.heatandthings.com/produ...ostatic-radiator-valve-with-sofia-lockshield/

Here is a pic of the tail:
5.jpg

Thanks!

As long as the valve bodies don't have any arrows indicating the flow and if both ends are like that then it doesn't really matter what side they're on. Historically though the TRV valve would go on the flow side (side of the rad/pipe that gets warm first).

Thanks, but the question isn't about what side of the radiator they go on, it's about which part of the valve connects to the water pipe and which connects to the radiator.

Both parts of the valve look the same from the outside, but when I look inside, they look different. See the image below: one end of the valve has a large semicircular hole (labelled '1') the other end has a small circular hole (labelled '2'). Should '1' or '2' connect to the rad?

Thanks

1664980986553.png

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back