Fitting a Salus RT300RF to a Ideal Classic FF330 Boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, Can we fit a salus RT300RF thermostat to this boiler . It has a timer fitted but not an external thermostat. Any help and advise would be appreciated. I am a TV engineer by trade but need some help in sorting the wiring connections on this.
Many thanks, Regards TVman.

Sponsored Links
What type of system do you have?
The output from room 'stat usually controls a motorised valve, which in turn controls the boiler.

Should be fairly simple if you already have a timer wired in. Then the thermostat, or at least the receiver portion would just be wired in with the timer. Details depend on the timer and boiler.

Or is the timer actually on the boiler? Whether that controls a motorised valve or not is impossible to tell until we know whether you have a combi or not. Might be easiest to just say exactly which boiler it is, but any details will be helpful.

The boler has an external time switch fitted , its a Randall 103 .
The boiler in an Ideal Classic FF330.

Sponsored Links
Hi, Do I just tap into the time switch, Put the thermostat in series with the timer. Is it a mains switch or a volt free switch.
TVman

No takers on this one. Regards TV Man
Don't be so impatient! Many of the contributors to this forum actually work.

The receiver needs a permanent supply to the L and N terminals to run the electronics as well as the timed supply from the Randall CH ON terminal to the COM terminal and the switched supply from the N/O terminal to the boiler. So there are four wires connected to the receiver.

Just decided to have another try on this one, One thing I did not mention before is there is a Switchmaster manual midi valve in the airing cupboard. Does this effect the way we fit the thermostat. Regards TV man[/img]

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back