Fitting a square tap?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'd like to fit square tap in our bathroom and brighten up a tired look, however the sink has round hole, will I need to cut a hole in the sink to make the new square tap fit properly or would the square tap just sit on top of the round hole and the internal gubbings fit down the round hole fine?

This is the tap I'm looking at:
http://www.jadebathrooms.co.uk/cu-s...square-sprung-waste-2075812-391234-667881.php

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Most square tap do fit in, or rather over, a round hole.
Most of the different styles (round, square, etc. etc.) have identical innards, it's just the shape of the outer shell that varies.

Make sure the tap is suitable for the type of hot water system you have. I see that one is rated as low pressure, typical of conventional gravity hot water systems, so the 'tails' may be larger bore (and require a bigger hole) than one designed for higher pressures.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back