Fitting a Stone Resin Shower Base

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Could i use tile adhesive for the base of my shower base,rather than sand/cement mix?

Sponsored Links
the idea is with use the shower tray settles down then the moisture sets the cement

my tray only said "DONT" use silicon but suggested sand/cement

I soul searched over this one & thought it was a bit OTT. The only reason I could think of was that the stone resin is not that strong with regard to flexing which could cause it to crack under the acrylic surface if the weight/load is not evenly distributed. In the end I decided to use the recommended sand/cement mix; it’s a bit of a pain if you haven’t got the materials to hand & it's obviously more messy but otherwise not too much of an inconvenience.

Sponsored Links
Thankyou for the comments....I hope tile adhesive works,soon find out i guess.
Reason i didn't use sand/cement was lack of, and didn't want to chance any stones,grit etc.
I do think its about creating a smooth level to support the base,and anything not to wet/watery will surfice.
I guess a belfast sink would be strong enough,but imagine the weight of one , the size of a shower base....lol

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back