Fitting a Triton Bar Mixer Showers

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Sponsored Links
Without doubt you need these, this makes the installation a piece of cake;
http://www.toolstation.com/shop/Shower+Fixing+Bracket/p68003

Forget these daft dog leg connectors, just pop the H&C pipes through the finished wall at 150mm centres & fix the above bracket, then fit the valve to the bracket, job done!!!

If you have permanent access to the shower pipes it's always wise to fit full bore ISO valves & a 'Y' strainer.
HTH

Without doubt you need these, this makes the installation a piece of cake;
http://www.toolstation.com/shop/Shower+Fixing+Bracket/p68003

Forget these daft dog leg connectors, just pop the H&C pipes through the finished wall at 150mm centres & fix the above bracket, then fit the valve to the bracket, job done!!!

If you have permanent access to the shower pipes it's always wise to fit full bore ISO valves & a 'Y' strainer.
HTH

no further advice needed ! Make sure you put the hot and cold pipes the right way though lol

Hi Richrdthe3rd.

Thanks for the reply, I'll take a look.

Inside the dogleg is a small, what looks to be reducer (6mm or so).

What is this for? Will this need to be replicated?

Will I need a ISO valve and 'Y' strainer on H & C? Also out of interest, why are these needed?

Cheers.

Sponsored Links
Hi Richrdthe3rd.

Thanks for the reply, I'll take a look.

Inside the dogleg is a small, what looks to be reducer (6mm or so).

What is this for? Will this need to be replicated?

Will I need a ISO valve and 'Y' strainer on H & C? Also out of interest, why are these needed?

Cheers.

I'm not seeing any mention of this in the installation instructions??? Do you mean the flow regulators?

The ISO valves & filter are not essential, they'll just give the valve a bit of protection from cr.p in the water supply.

One other point, keep the concealed joints to a minimum & have 15mm copper tails coming through the finished wall.... ;)

Hi.

Ah yes, they could be flow regulators. Does the kit in the link need / include these.

Will get some 'Y' filters and thanks for tip on joints!

Thanks.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back