Fitting acrylic shower tray

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm about to fit a 5mm acrylic shower tray - how can i bed it to get it level?? with a stone resin one i can bed in on tile adhesive or something, how do i do so with this?

Sponsored Links
Sorry to be blunt, but don't bother, chuck it in a skip where it belongs and get a stone resin tray which won't crack or bend, or generally fall to pieces.

No offence, but they're not worth the bother of fitting.

have to say tile adhesive for stone resin is a new one on me. but most acrylic iv ripped out have either been silicone or expanding foam.

A wet mortar bed will level it out and prevent a degree of flexing. But as highlighted, resin is better and the difference in cost isn't usually that huge, especially when you consider the benefits.

Sponsored Links
I'd prefer stone resin any day, but this is a dedicated tray for the enclosure. its a HSK so i was dissapointed to find it was acrylic!

Its 5mm, backed with carronite (or similar) so theres no flexing (i'd still prefer resin.

Thanks for the replies, i'm gathering expanding foam is best option (i'm onto floorboard.

Like I said - mortar will give you a much better chance of getting it level and not moving. Foam, which expands ;) , by definition will want to move it away from level as is sets.

Dextrous - thanks for the reply - seriously, just sand and cement bed??? even onto floorboard? not questioning the advice, just wouldn't have crossed my mind..

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back