Fitting an Expansion Vessel

I usually use these, comes with the washer installed you just tighten it up onto the male thread and then connect the other end on the return pipework near the boiler, they come in different lengths so just pick where you are installing the EV and see what length is best for you.

http://www.screwfix.com/p/flexible-tap-connector-15mm-x-3-4-x-500mm/96407
Not suitable for central heating.;)
Really ?? funny that the manufacturer states that it is and the seller sells it as such but who cares about that when you know different, what do the majority of manufacturers with internal expansion vessels use as communication hoses ?
I guess that's why we pay up to 10 times the price when fitting flexis to fan coil units..;)
Have a gander @ the internal bore size....these type flexis are prone to breaking down internally and blocking...just look @ the vaillant hoses...:censored:
So you're quite happy using 10mm bore hose for system expansion and contraction?

Sponsored Links
I usually use these, comes with the washer installed you just tighten it up onto the male thread and then connect the other end on the return pipework near the boiler, they come in different lengths so just pick where you are installing the EV and see what length is best for you.

http://www.screwfix.com/p/flexible-tap-connector-15mm-x-3-4-x-500mm/96407
Not suitable for central heating.;)
Really ?? funny that the manufacturer states that it is and the seller sells it as such but who cares about that when you know different, what do the majority of manufacturers with internal expansion vessels use as communication hoses ?
I guess that's why we pay up to 10 times the price when fitting flexis to fan coil units..;)
Have a gander @ the internal bore size....these type flexis are prone to breaking down internally and blocking...just look @ the vaillant hoses...:censored:
So you're quite happy using 10mm bore hose for system expansion and contraction?
And what size and bore hoses are used on nearly all domestic boiler communication hoses ???? we are talking a bout a domestic expansion vessel here and if the manufacturer of a domestic boiler doesnt use a flexi for their internal expansion vessel what diameter of pipe do they use ?????

I'll leave it to you to work out the correct size expansion pipe for KW load.
The flexi you posted is NOT suitable for this application.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back