Fitting Bathroom Downlights

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey all, on the recommendation of the guys in here I'm just about to purchase some Halers H2s for my bathroom.

Room is about 3mx2m so reckon I would need about 5 or 6 (no window in bathroom)

There IP65 rated and state bathroom zone 1, So I assume by this it will be fine to fit one directly above the shower enclosure?

Are they self sealing to the ceiling? As in do I need any additional protection to prevent steam entering the void above? (false ceiling, about 4-5 inch high before hitting original ceiling with insulated loft above)

Also they are to be fitted to an RCBO protected lighting circuit supplying kitchen/utility room lights/extractor fan/bathroom mirror light.

Sponsored Links
Thats fine, plenty of height on ceiling above shower for that, and its going to be a plastic clad ceiling stuck over whats their anyway. Just wsnt sure if there was additional work to be done to ensure a good seal

Sponsored Links
Room is about 3mx2m so reckon I would need about 5 or 6 (no window in bathroom)
My bathroom is about that size.

I find it is perfectly lit with just 1 light.

I wonder if that's because I'm using a light which is designed to light up rooms, rather than ones which are designed to not do that?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back