Fitting Blinds to Fabricated Metal Lintel

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
So I have discovered I have metal lintels under the plasterboard in my window recess. I want to fit some roller blinds is it correct to drill through the fabricated, not solid steel, lintels with a small HSS drill and just use long self tapping screws to provide a decent hold for the blinds ?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Its plasterboard and a very thin skim of masonary, no more than a couple of mm. Then the pre fabricated lintel.

Yes hss bit Should do it, fixing will be very strong so you can use just one screw per fitting.

Sponsored Links
Thanks. I was fairly confident but always wise to check here. I could get away with wood screws but proper job is self tappers. Need 70mm to sure to allow for platerboard and skim before lintel. And of course drill a small hole and let the self drillers do their job

Its plasterboard and a very thin skim of masonary, no more than a couple of mm. Then the pre fabricated lintel.

I was meaning ontop of the lintel. There's blocks ontop of my lintels so I'd probably drill an 8mm hole in the lintel then 6mm into the block above and fix with a red plug.

I Understand. This is recessed in the window space so is fitted underneath the lintel into metal. So I'll use some 1 1/4 self tappers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back