Fitting CH Filter

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am looking at fitting a CH filter to my open Vented CH system. However I am lacking with space as the boiler is located in a kitchen cupboard and space/access above the boiler is limited. I am therefore looking to fit the filter in my airing cupboard. There is a horizontal section of pipe which is 130mm long where I plan to fit the filter.

I know that the spirotech MB3 will fit horizontally in the space. However I am unsure of the effectiveness of the filter. People say it is solidly built, but not many people comment on how much it captures. Also I like the idea of a chemical fill point as well. Are these filters any good?

My other choices are the magnaclean micro pro 2, which I think I could fit like this:

Can someone confirm whether what I am proposing makes sense.

I also looked that the Centramag filter, which I think I could fit like this:

However I cannot find any info on the distance between the 2 valves in this configuration, whether it is bi-directional or not. Does any know if enough space exists for me to add the 2 elbows or have any technical specs for it?

Also if anyone can provide any other filter solution it would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advice for your time

Sponsored Links
Hi we fit a lot of magnacleans and fernox TF1 filters to heating systems, i would say the magnaclean should fit if you are able to solder a couple of fittings on as the valves on the magnaclean can be turned up/down ect so will fit in a shorter space. As for the other filters i cannot say how good they are but i have had some cheaper alternatives in the past and the magnet seems to be a lot smaller and weaker this makes a big difference to the amount the filter will catch, any problems and info for how to clean visit Http://www.manchesterplumbingandheating.co.uk

liamb023 and 45yearsagasman thanks for you input.

45yearsagasman, you look like you rate the spriotech mb3. I see lots of reviews saying it is easy to fit. However I have not seen many reports on how much stuff they actually catch.

liamb023, have you any experience with micro pro 2, or do you think that I should be able to make the magnaclean pro fit in that space. I was thinking of fitting like this:

Is that what you were proposing?

Sponsored Links
Hi yes i think it will fit the way you have shown in the picture, as long as you are able to drain the water out and solder the fittings on it should be no problem, some filters the taps are inline in 1 straight length but with the magnaclean (as in the picture) both taps can be turned to suite the pipework

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back