Trappex centramag Filter

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I was looking into Central Heating Filters. The main filters was interested in were:
1) Magnaclean Pro 2
2) Spirotech MB3
3) TF1

I think from the above 3 I would probably go for the Magnaclean, due to limited space (TF1) and ability to clean (MB3). However I came across the Centramag, but could not find any info on this forum. Does anyone on here fit or recommend these filters

Sponsored Links
I have fitted 80 Trappex Centramag filters on the eco boiler scheme and not one leaked as they use a runner gasket ,opposed to a rubber o ring .
There is a lot of good feed back on ukplumbersforum on the centramag .
The only down side is they were launched in white with mucky hands you had to be extra careful .Since November they have introduced a black centramag ,much better .
I phoned there customer services up and they are going to launch a inline filter which is good news.

Johnny plumber thanks for the reply.

No one here seems to comment on the Centramag, so I am undecided.

The have read the feedback on the Ukplumbersforum, however a fair bit is from the person who made the product.

The problem I have is fitting will be in a tight space which rules out Magnaclean pro2/micro as I think they can only be fitted vertical and inline.

I have a 110mm of horizonital pipe in the airing cupboard, after the pump and before the motorised valves. Other than that above the boiler would be tricky as the boiler is in a kitchen cupboard with pipe drops from above again, therefore limited space.

I thought about the twin tech or the MB3, however the MB3 I am not sure about performance. Can any else give an opinion between Cnetramag, MB3 and Twintech?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back