Fitting full length end panel to kitchen units where there's a worktop overhang

Sponsored Links
Yikes! I would take the edging strip of and router it if possible, getting a clamp on the back edge is going to be a challenge thought.
I'm thinking of using a batten on the worktop as a guide for the router with the top drawer removed to get a clamp in to hold the front end of the batten and possibly use a suction clamp on the worktop to secure the back end of the batten against it and then trim the worktop with shallow passes slowly?

A piece of ply 12mm for the thickness of the collet, maybe 500mm wide with a 20 X 20 on the back edge will allow you to get more than one clamp on the front edge and where you are cutting back the upstand , you should be able to get a screw through that part, or the 20x20 longer, into the wall suitably packed out.

By the way doing it in a few passes will cause less stress and a neater cut, and of course a nice sharp cutter.

Sponsored Links
you could just use a plastic
https://www.cabp.co.uk/Plastic-Fasc...-Architrave-Gloss-Anthracite-Grey_LA540AG.htm
looks like the square edge is also covered Anthracite

I thought as the frame looked white that 9mm of white would be OK

I just came accross this 'Vinyl wrap' that can be adhered to kitchen panels so perhaps I could get a full length cheap panel and stick a gloss Antharcite cover on instead of paying £140 for for a panel from the kitchen company!
However I would still want to trim off the worktop overhang as I don't think fitting a panel to the top and an edging strip or whatever to the bottom of the worktop would give a neat finish.

A piece of ply 12mm for the thickness of the collet, maybe 500mm wide with a 20 X 20 on the back edge will allow you to get more than one clamp on the front edge and where you are cutting back the upstand , you should be able to get a screw through that part, or the 20x20 longer, into the wall suitably packed out.

I'm not quite sure what you mean by "20x20 on the back esge":confused:?

I'm not quite sure what you mean by "20x20 on the back esge":confused:?
20mm X 20mm timber along the full length of the back edge overhanging the ply so you can fix to the upstand/wall.
You can fix up through the ply into the Batton .

If the ply is a good fit between the upstand and front edge of should help stop it moving, with a router there will be alot of stress on the ply.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back