Fitting heating controls

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have a oil / wood burning boiler in the garage that has 2 switches on the wall, 1 for the water pump and one to start up the boiler , I have seen some heating controls on plumbworld, could it be that these wires to the switches could be taken from these and wired into a programmable control so that i can program when to come on etc without having to start each one seperatley.

Cheers in advance.

Sponsored Links
hmm, could employ a manual worker to control the wood

so would these digital timer thingies be able to replace the 2 switches? and does anyone know if i could control just the pump from this

Sponsored Links
WHAT machine is this you've got? You MIGHT be able to control the oil side but definitely not the wood. You may also need a low limit cut off stat so the boiler return doesn't get too cold. There's more to this than a couple of switches.

so you recon its safe for these wires to be connected up in a hoeywll type controller, only want it to come on and off auto instead of me going to and fro, thought that these wires may be live and needed to make sure these programmers are ok to take them

No I DON'T reckon it's safe, (and I bet kevplumb thinks the same). You havn't given us any details about your machine and you have the idea you can just connect up a programmer to it. If you want advice, we want INFORMATION. ok?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back