Fitting honeywell CM901 to Combi... help please!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I have a MAIN Combi 30 HE, without a timer on it, and have gone about replacing a Honeywell 6360B with a CM901. Following advice on here, I changed over putting 1 (on T6360B) as common to A (on the CM901), and 3 as call to B.

Put the electrics back on, and now have the boiler constantly heating up even if the CM901 is switched to OFF or Manual settings (Room temp is 22C, and put the setting to 18C).

Can anyone point out something I might be missing? Otherwise will just switch back to previous and call on professional help!

Sponsored Links
What have you got the boiler end. Assuming it worked before, you could have a faulty stat.

To be honest, I couldn’t tell you anything other than the boiler make and model. Not sure what I’m looking for.

I just presumed that it would be a simple task of replacing one thermostat for another... shows what little I know!

AS above, if it worked before then you have changed them correctly.

So one has to assume the stat is faulty.

or you haven't programmed it correctly.

Sponsored Links
Thanks.

Yes, fitted as I stated so absolutely sure that is correct. As far as programming, I think the fact that the boiler is still firing on the off setting must indicate a faulty stat.

Many thanks

Further to the previous info...

The colour wire going to common is Red
The colour going to call is blue
The Yellow/green wire is not used

Is this correct?

Further to the previous info...

The colour wire going to common is Red
The colour going to call is blue
The Yellow/green wire is not used

Is this correct?

Depends how it's connected in the boiler, but shouldn't make any difference, the stat is only a switch.

Remove one of the wires, does the boiler still work.

I guess I was thinking the 2 wires might be the wrong way around... Any I have British Gas coming over for the annual service next week, so will see if they can sort it while here... Rather than me blowing it up!!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back