Fitting mirror sliding doors?? help!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I want to fit these doors to the built in wardrobe in the bedroom, I have removed the old doors ect and aquired 4 sliding doors (2xmirror 2xwood) got the track from wickes and installed the track ceilling and floor, put one of the back doors in (wood) and one of the mirror doors but the top of the mirror door won`t pass to wooden door in short I have a good gap at the bottom of the mirror door but as it goes up the gap gets smaller until it touches the wooden door, I have tried moving the bottom track back and the top track out but get the same result.
I am doing something wrong!!! any help please thanks

Sponsored Links
Is there anyway of adjusting the rollers where they fix to the doors to enable the 2 doors to be further apart from each other? :idea:

I`ve just examined the fittings, two like clips at the top of the door that clip into the track and two rollers on the bottom, the only adjust is up and down.
it seems as if the rollers are under the door at the bottom but the clips are at the back which are pushing the door outward???

Ok erm, can you fit one door outside the track and the other on the inner or is that not possible, sorry but its difficult to advise without seeing it :(

Sponsored Links
Yeah
Just fitted the two mirror doors one on the back track and one on the front track and all works fine, so the problem lies with the wooden doors and how they fix to the track!!
they have a wheel on the bottom under the door and a clip at the top on the back of the door this arrangement causes the door to lean forward and touching the front track door stopping the sliding process!! :eek:

A shot in the dark . . .

Try switching the top runners only from the glass doors to the wooden doors and from the wooden doors to the glass doors.

Good idea IJWS15
I`ll try that, been on to the previous owners and they say that the top track was a "hanging" track and not a flat track with the slots for the wheels to run in which I have fitted so I`ll be busy over the weekend :LOL:
let you know how I go thanks

UPDATE:
ok I tried changing the clips from the wooden doors to the mirror and visa & versa but still knocking I then replaced the new top track for the older track I got with the doors (the hanging track) the doors passed but touched and rattled so I sat down had a cup of tea and Eureka! I then changed the top clips on both the doors to the same clip on clips and the doors pass and slide without rattling, so I just need to replace the wheels at the top of the mirror doors for the clip ons and were sorted :LOL:
Thanks to you all for your help.

UPDATE:
well I received the clip on clips through the post and fitted them last weekend, all works a treat just needed a little adjustment and they are really good a big improvement on the old doors which have now been cut up for my log burner and burn really well :LOL:
thanks again to you all

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back