Mirror Doors

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I recently aquired some second hand doors that had been dismantled for my sons bedroom. I know the gist of how to fix these, only thing is I don't know what gap between top and bottom of glass mirrored doors needs to be.

They are 233cm high the top track is 50mm deep and bottom guide rail is 10mm deep. The little roller wheels that sit into base rail protrude about 9 or 10mm. I think which most people are making reference to here are smaller doors. The ones I fitted in our other house were Stanley and they were 87.5" from memory and I needed an 89" gap.

Does anyone know what gap I should leave so that I can get doors in easily enough and they wont fall over? I am building a timber frame above doors and plasterboarding in?

Any help would be very much appreciated!!

Thanks
Ian :confused:

Sponsored Links
Do you know what make these ones are? can you post a pic.

Are they constructed similar to the Stanley ones?

I eventually ended up wit the overall dimension for mine by putting the rail onto the rollers, setting it to about the correct place & then measured it all.

Then when I had the gap sorted, temp screwed it up and tried it then adjusted as needed.

As I have coving all round the room (1855 house) I had some 2" square timber cut corner to corner so it was triangular then used that to fit coving in front.

Seemed to work OK, looks fine & does the job. :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back