Help with sliding door track on wardrobe. Help ID part

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

We moved into our place a few years ago, and have been noticing around the place that one of the previous owners was a bit of a DIY guy with varying degrees of success! ;)

Our wardrobes look like a DIY effort which the guy built himself.

We have 5 sliding mirror doors that run on two tracks.

The track they run on looks like UPVC or similar, and im having trouble trying to ID the type of track i need to buy to replace it as the track has perished in one spot.

Ive uploaded some pics in the hope someone may be able to ID what type of track is it.

It wouldnt surprise me if it isnt a proper sliding door track, and that he has used it from something else.

View media item 69235 View media item 69236

Sponsored Links
Have you tried lifting the doors off to see if a manufacturers name is hidden on the top or bottom sections? ...pinenot :)

bluntly put.

Anywhere, on the wheels, the base of the doors, the top of the doors, anywhere

A makers name will be of great assistance

Ken

Sponsored Links
Took a door off and they are bare of any manufacturer or brand marking, checked the top and bottom tracks too with no joy. :(

Is it a lost hope? Anyone be able to help?

It certainly in not a lost hope. First - let's take some measurements of the track and see what alternatives there are available. Second - do these doors run fully on the floor track or is there top hung wheels also...pinenot :)

Yeah, hope someone can help! :)

Here are the measurements in a diagram i have created (the view is if you were looking down to the top f the track).

The 5mm elements are the raised part of the track, and is 5mm in depth.

View media item 69397
The top runner, is just a bit of plastic channeling. Ive put a photo up so you can see. Wheels are only on the bottom track.

View media item 69400

Try to contact these guys and see if they will sell you the track only, they certainly have tracks that would if your prepared to fit two separate and parallel...pinenot :)

The track attached to The bottom of wardrobe frame that I'm looking to replace us defo plastic. Pine not I emailed that company but they didn't reply :(

OK, http://www.hafele.co.uk/shop/contact - go to this site and chose a method of contact that suits you, speak to one of the technical team and provide a photo or sketch, if they request it. I know this company and they are very responsive, even phoning back if ness...pinenot :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back