fitting my kitchen ( going to attempt!!!!!)

Looks excellent, Mick!

The only job I had done was getting the old cooker gas point removed and having a hob plumbed in it's place.

I am happy with my worktops: I don't think it is an invisible join but that's because I know it's there. You can't feel it if you run your fingers over it, and when I show people they can't see the problem. I tried to get a carpenter in, but the first one never showed up and the rest said "Sorry, not worth my time for such a small job".

My friends have bought a 1-year-old house where the (original) kitchen is badly fitted. I'm the only one who has spotted that, so I haven't told them. :LOL:

Took me more than 4 weekends but I usually do sporadic days/weekends of LOTS of work, then I'll spend a month putting up about 3 tiles :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Very nice looking job.

A thing which itches at my mind, with my 10 yr old built in, is will it come apart without damage when inevitably access under floor etc is required.
I had mine installed, but were I to carry out the work, I may give a lot of thought to modularising for ease of removal... Maybe a panelled false ceiling with wiring, trunking etc above that, easy access in mind...
be lucky
;)

One of the joys of a first-floor maisonette: all my wiring and much of my plumbing goes through the loft anyway, drops down where required.

When I trade up to two-storey living it's going to take some adjustment!

Adam,

If you look carefully in some of those pictures you will see the fuel that powered me along and helped me complete the work :D

Have you found it yet ?

My favourite glass and tipple :) I hadnt realised i drank so much untill the wife spotted it in those pictures :confused:

Dont know what yu mean love hick!!!! I dont dwink that mush!! Honest

Sponsored Links
dont worry too much.key to fitting kitchen is to take ur time.check everything twice before u start.get a list of what jobs to do and what order to do them,dont put in units then decide to paint ceiling lol. oh and remember to budget for take aways while job is in progress.
drink of choice: red bull. only way to keep going when its been a long,long day.one more thing,if wife is nagging then ask her to help by holding something heavy for a long time or ask her to go window shopping for new kettle,breadbin etc works a treat

Items which my drive heights and depths of worktops ... floor standing boilers, clearances required by manf or legislation, ventilation, 'white' appliances sitting on 'easy move' wheeled devices - skates... height required.
Services - piping, wiring - access to all that.
Never forget you, or some other, may have to take it apart one day ... preferably without damage. A drawing would be excellent.
;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back