Fitting my shower screen in a recess

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

As you know I'm re-fitting my en-suite.

I've hit bit of a problem and it's as follows. Here's a photo so you can see what's going on.....

Here's what the floor plan looks like..... (the photo above is to the far right of this drawing.)

The distance from the rendered wall (on the left) to the wooden battons forming the stud wall on the right is 775mm's. I bought my furniture from bathstore a few months ago and now I'm coming to fit it I'm realising that the measurements don't add up.

The tray is 760 x 900
The shower screen is an 800 and can be adjusted down to 775mm

When I first looked at the screen in the catalogue it said that it can be adjusted down to 750mm but this is case when it's fitted to a recess only when the door is fitted with side panels as a cubicle.

The aim was to use a membrane on the left hand wall to stop the damp coming into that room (approx 10mm) and then dot and dab board over the membrane with 12mm moisture resistant PB followed by tanking and then finally tiling.

Any ideas/suggestions?

Thanks for your help.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Move the stud wall?

If you have got 775 between ext'g wall and studs then you will end up with about 730mm between plasterboard after membrain & dabs which means maybe 710mm between tiles.

Jason

I bet Gareth remembers it.
Touchy about something are we? What's your name then... or are you too scared to mention it? To save any more wasted forum time, please contact me privately with your details and I'd be more than happy to come and discuss to with you. I'd even video it for posterity.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back