Fitting new Balstrading

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

I am in the process of replacing my old 1950's metal stair handrail with Wooden Newell Posts and Spindles. I am planning on getting the Richard Burbidge Bracket fix parts, but I am confused as to the height of Newel Posts I require. I want to use the 900mm spindles, and the 82mm Newel posts, but what height should my Newel Posts be?

My stairs do not have any Newel posts at all, so I would be starting from scratch.

Can somebody out there help me PLEASE!!!

Andy

Sponsored Links
You may have done this by now... Anyway, we fitted the RB system (although using the cut off newels). Their leaflet was very helpful, providing all the measurements, but maybe there isn't so much information if using new newel posts. Following their measurements we had to cut down all the spindles to fit between the rails (more than what was required to get the angle). It would probably be best to phone them for advice on their technical help line - or if you are ordering from a different website, have a word with them. We used Stairparts Online and they were very helpful (pointing out, for example, that if we had no landing we needed two 'bottom newels' as the 'landing newel' has two sets of holes.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back