Fitting new boiler costs

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just wondering what sort of prices are a fair cost to pay to install new regular boiler and convert c plan system to s plan if i provide the boiler, valves and programmer, so basically fitting costs. Location in same place as old boiler

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Most rgi's would walk away from this kind of proposition.

Allow them to supply boiler etc ( after discussion with you ) would be the best way.

Otherwise, you are sending out all the wrong kind of signals.

Sponsored Links
Most rgi's would walk away from this kind of proposition.

Allow them to supply boiler etc ( after discussion with you ) would be the best way.

Otherwise, you are sending out all the wrong kind of signals.
Ok so put another way, on top of the actual cost of a boiler what would be a fair price to expect to pay? as I appreciate these vary enormously in price, so can the work involved depending on pipe layout of existing setup

Your allocated sum seems realistic, but as no-one on here can actually visualize the planned installation, it might be better to go down the route of getting a few quotes locally, then deciding.

More hassle, I agree, but ultimately more useful to you. Sorry if this sounds unhelpful.

Your allocated sum seems realistic, but as no-one on here can actually visualize the planned installation, it might be better to go down the route of getting a few quotes locally, then deciding.

More hassle, I agree, but ultimately more useful to you. Sorry if this sounds unhelpful.
No sounds a better idea to be honest

Because i can get a better discount on the boiler I want so why pay a higher price and have someone else get it?
You would not save anything if I was quoting for the job.
I price materials at cost and add labour and profit on.

If you supply the gear, any labour to faulty parts under guarantee would be chargeable.

Why don't they make one of these a sticky?o_O

OP : Do a quick search of one of the multitude of old posts for the reasons why you probably will be no better off.
You men "fitting costs " as in labour? It is a bit stupid to imagine all the fittings, material and chemicals come free.

And when did you last take your car for a service while carrying in the require plugs oil and filter?

Why don't they make one of these a sticky?o_O

OP : Do a quick search of one of the multitude of old posts for the reasons why you probably will be no better off.
You men "fitting costs " as in labour? It is a bit stupid to imagine all the fittings, material and chemicals come free.

And when did you last take your car for a service while carrying in the require plugs oil and filter?
Well if i had an electrician rewiring i would probably buy my own lights, prefered switches ( i do hate white ones)
Going on the last job maybe it is better i buy what is needed, that way i would not have ended up with a 22mm tank coil when current setup required a 28mm one. They obviously forgot to tell me that would impact my hot water supply.
But points noted looking at local quotes to get an idea

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back