Cost of fitting a new boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Apologies if this is a difficult question to answer, because it may be the same as how long is a piece of string.

I wondered what the average cost of installing a new boiler would be? The quote I have is to have the old boiler removed and replaced with a Bosch 18RI. I'll also be having 7 new thermostatic valves fitted, and be having the system flushed.

I've been quoted £1600 including all parts. Don't know if that is good or not. Thanks for any opinions.

Sponsored Links
I wondered what the average cost of installing a new boiler would be?

That's easy. It's the total price of every boiler installation in the world added together, then divided by the number of jobs.

I think its too cheap.

I would be quoting around £1800-£2000 + VAT :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the info, it's been really helpful. The only problem is I'm not sure how many boilers have been installed in the world. Maybe I should start another thread to find out?

Actually I just looked through the post by Polly. Don't want to start another one of those, although I don't quite understand why the pros on this board get p!ssed if someone asks a question about pricing!?!

I don't quite understand why the pros on this board get p!ssed if someone asks a question about pricing!?!

Maybe it's because this forum is intended for technical questions.

You did use the word average? .... or did you really mean cheapest.

I meant average, thats why I used the word.

I've never had a new boiler fitted so I asked the question so that I could make an informed choice. Not trying to p!ss anyone off.

Well it isn't particularly expensive, but as with all things it depends how well it's done.
Only way to be sure is to get three quotes, maybe one from British Gas.

In our local paper they are advertising any boiler make and free powerflush £1000 + VAT

Well it isn't particularly expensive, but as with all things it depends how well it's done.
Only way to be sure is to get three quotes, maybe one from British Gas.

I think thats what I'll do, it should give me a better idea of prices. Cheers.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back