New boiler - do these costs sound right ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
MOD 2

removed as will be the next one in the same vein

Sponsored Links
What's wrong with Polish people?

joe

MOD 2

nothing but be advised you might get away with it in general discussion not in here

peca27 said:
Yet sparky's, plumbers + brickies (all those i deal with on a daily basis on site) make over double what i'm making
This highly subjective claim has a severe credibility problem. Please state what you make and what you believe an average "spark", plumber and "bricky" all make.

peca27 said:
...believe it or not I have a mortgage, car payments + expenses aswell...
Indeed I do believe it. Why would I not? Are you not generally believable?

peca27 said:
...you can charge alot more than I'm able to charge.
Firstly, it's a case of supply and demand; secondly, I suspect you don't offer an emergency service; thirdly, I doubt that you don't scrape the fetid turds out of customers blocked drains and macerators.

peca27 said:
you can't be surprised people are getting a bit upset about the quote's there getting. Keep qouting these ridiculous prices + see where it ends up............the polski's + europeans doing bodge jobs.........the whole system is a f*ck up + enjoy it while u can cos it won't last. ;)
Really? We'll see. In the meantime I expect you'll carry on being all bitter and twisted.

Softus, in reply:

- Why is it that some sparky's, brickies + plumbers have new £20-£25k cars + go on holidays 2/3 times a year? I drive a £2.5k car + had my first ever holiday abroad last year.

- Not even gona bother with that one.

- You except that, as a result of supply + demand, you can charge what ever you want? Therefore, if your argument is based upon economics, don't complain when the Europeans come in at a more competative price. Since when is replacing a boiler + fitting rads an emergency service? I was talking about a quote for a service, not an emergency.

- Tradesman themselves are telling me it won't last, I'm not pulling this from the air......it's there own words. You might find my words come across as twisted, but then again you are a tradesman aren't you ;)

Sponsored Links
Glad you said SOME plumbers :LOL: ........Bring on the house price crash :LOL: As a Nation of Consumers we, in my opinion, want slave wage services and a continuing upward spiral of house prices so we can all play @ being slum landlords....Now who started all this :?: I won`t even print "It`s" name :mad: T******r :evil:

peca27 said:
- Not even gona bother with that one.
It's your prerogative to ignore the difficult and challenging questions. However, lack of any information to substantiate your claim makes it look rather empty and incredible.

peca27 said:
- You except that, as a result of supply + demand, you can charge what ever you want?
I don't accept it, and have never thought it, said it or written it. This is an example of you reading too much into my words, and trying to twist them to suit your argument. And failing.

peca27 said:
Therefore, if your argument is based upon economics, don't complain when the Europeans come in at a more competative price.
I don't complain, and never have. In fact, in other topics I've openly welcomed tradesmen from Europe, on the grounds that their work is often superior to that of the idiots that we've grown in this country.

peca27 said:
Since when is replacing a boiler + fitting rads an emergency service?
It isn't, and I don't know why you would think that I thought it was.

peca27 said:
I was talking about a quote for a service, not an emergency.
And I was pointing out that many tradesmen offer their customers an emergency service. However, rogue customers, like you, don't qualify.

peca27 said:
Tradesman themselves are telling me it won't last, I'm not pulling this from the air......it's there own words.
Well them, since you have identified me as a tradesman, I shall tell you that you're wrong. The crash that you foresee is a false dusk.

peca27 said:
You might find my words come across as twisted, but then again you are a tradesman aren't you ;)
I didn't say that your words were twisted - it's the reasoning inside your head, but why you believe that all tradesmen think you are twisted says a lot more about you than it does about you.

i am new to this site but why all the slagging off for plumbers if its that easy do it urself then ring me when its 2 much for u just keep driving ur forklift trucks and taxis and leave plumbing to the proper blokes who made the effort to get a skilled job

dazza87 said:
i am new to this site but why all the slagging off for plumbers if its that easy do it urself then ring me when its 2 much for u just keep driving ur forklift trucks and taxis and leave plumbing to the proper blokes who made the effort to get a skilled job

If your plumbing is anything like your grammar...... :oops:

joe

MOD 2
you have all had your say it's now going in circles so i am locking it

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back