fitting new copper pipe to lead

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The problem i've got is that I need to replace an old lead bathroom suite which is in a flat. So, I can't replace the entire lead pipes from the street and can only have to connect up to where they enter the flat. (which is in a viod in the wall) Is possible to do just that? At what part of the old lead pipe do I connect on to as they vary in thicknessess all along the run...some it seems they go down to about 15mm and others beyond 22m. Do you just cut the lead where its thick enough to use the new coupling etc?

Cheers,

J

Sponsored Links
If possible turn the water off and cut a piece of lead pipe and take it with you to a 'plumbers merchant'. That way it can be matched up to the correct size lead loc. Once you have fitted the lead loc then fit a new stop cock, so you can turn the water off in your flat.

Andy

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back