Fitting new doors into old wide 850mm frames

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, i'd like a bit of advice please.

I have an old 1920's and the Mrs wants new doors fitting, my question is would a door width size of 838mm be able to fit in the gap or would the frame have to be taken out or changed to a smaller one?

These are the doors we would like:-
https://www.howdens.com/doors-joinery-collection/internal-doors/internal-hardwood-doors/linear-oak/

I'm not a joiner, so before getting one out to fit ,i'd like a bit of information to hand first to see what options I have, obviously i'd like to keep the original frames as they are quite decorative and made of wood.

Door Frame 1 - W 850mm H1968mm D 35mm

Door Frame 2 - W 850mm H 1970mm D 35mm

Door Frame 3 - W 850mm H 1965mm D 35mm

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Door 1 2 etc should actually say Door Frame 1,2 etc (as in what i measured)

You could use those, if the door linings are parallel then a 10 mm packer could be used on the frame.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the reply!

Yes the door linings are parallel, do you mean that the door will have an extra 10mm strip of wood on the lock side?

I must say that I'm changing the way the doors open, currently that open into the room and we want them to open into the wall.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back