fitting new double bend to Soil stack problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I want to add a toilet in the room next to my current bathroom. I want to leave the original toilet where it is and the other toilet just the other side of the wall. I will need to remove the soil bend that I have and replace with a double. The problem is that the soil stack is connected to the down stairs toilet and also clamped to the wall downstairs and upstairs in the attic. So moving the pipe up to remove and install the new bend is impossible without knocking out all of the boxing in to get at the clamps etc. If I were to cut the pipe above the upstairs toilets remove the bend and replace with a new. Is there some sort of flexi pipe I can buy that will then be able to join the pipe above the bend to the rest of the pipe above? This way I will not have to disturb the pipe clamping and boxing in above or below the new bend.

Sponsored Links
Thanks Hugh, I had looked at that but I have no movement in the pipe at all as I have attempted to move it upwards. I don't know if I would be able to get enough slack on the pipe to insert it into the slip coupling both ends.

Try this. ;) Cut through the existing pipe somewhere suitable, about 18" above or below the branch you wish to change. This should give you enough room to pull the pipework apart and twist/pull to carefully remove the branch from the socket below. If it doesn't, then you have to make another cut and remove a small section of pipe to give more room. Remove the existing branch, fit new double branch and suitable length of pipe to fill the gap left up to the other end of cut pipe above.

When reassembling, fit the slip collar at the top, pushing it right onto the end of the pipe, slot the pipe back into the gap, and push the slip collar up as required to make the final joint. I usually mark where it needs to be, as a slip coupling by its nature, does not have the internal stop to tell you when the pipe is 'home'.

Just in case you're still unsure,

Sponsored Links
Nice one! Just what I need. Many thanks Hugh....:)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back