Number of bends allowed in soil pipe?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Currently i have a soil pipe internally in my house which connects the toilet above.. I am planning on using this for my ensuite in my extension.

The plan is to install a 92.5 access branch near the bottom of the stack pointing through the wall just above ground floor level.

Id then install a bend on this pointing upwards by a door way. at the top of the door there will be acess bend pointing over the top of the door.

About 1m of pipe going horizontal, then another bend pointing upwards again. This will be through the 1st floor into a branch for my toilet and an AAV on top further up the wall.

Does this sound OK or will it not comply.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
I would imagine its unlikely the BCO will let you do this. I'd expect he'll want a new connection to the existing underground drain, then a vertical soil pipe to the proposed en suite.

I would imagine its unlikely the BCO will let you do this. I'd expect he'll want a new connection to the existing underground drain, then a vertical soil pipe to the proposed en suite.

is there any reason why reg? or too many bends. i know its not ideal but it will save alot of ground works and will be accessable. Im currently awaiting my BC plans and i pursume he will draw the drain routes on them. Thanks

Sponsored Links
dont do nothing in level 2 to do with drainage.
all i am saying is reg state that the lowest point of connection into the stack should not be within 450mm of the invert of the drain .
are you happy with that.

bit more to it than that.

he wouldn't be connecting into the stack he would have to make a new connection from the invert of the drain.
but they won't teach you that either on 3 week courses. :LOL:

3 week course hey.i don't think so,but thats why i come on here to learn and get ever bit of knowledge i can from you people.
so chill out and don't get to up tight.

i know its not ideal but it will save alot of ground works and will be accessable.
You won't be permitted to connect into the stack at floor/ground level.

Im currently awaiting my BC plans and i pursume he will draw the drain routes on them.
Why on earth would the LABC draw on your plans? Or do you mean the existing drain runs? If so, I don't think they'll do that either. It's your job to submit correct plans and get them approved, or to appoint a competent project manager to arrange for stage inspections.

If you have plans coming then wait and see what the proposals are for this. Drawings will show new stack and underground works as necessary.

I very much doubt you'd be allowed to run externally as you describe, its not good practice and will look a mess. If you are spending money having plans drawn up and extension built, dont cut corners on an essential part of the works. Properly designed and installed drainage will rarely cause a problem.

hi just to clear a few things up. My plan drawer is currently drawing my BC plans, and he said i would be able to come off the existing stack like a have described, so i guess that is how they will come drawn.

I would not be connecting directly into the bottom of the stack, it will probably be 600-700mm off the floor and will be into the stack and not the bend.

The pipes won't be on the outside of the building, they will be in the inside of my new garage, and up through my new floor to my new ensuite.

If its internal things are different, the arrangement you describe will probably be ok. Regarding you other post r.e. gulley in garage, id invite quotes to replace existing with new uPVC bottle type gulley, c/w sealed cover. The cover provides an airtight seal and will not allow the garage to flood in event of blockages, but can be unscrewed and access is available to the drain from it for cleaning and rodding.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back