Fitting new dual fuel oven and confused about plugs!!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there!
I am getting a new oven after christmas, the oven we have now is all gas but has a plug socket for the electric clock and timer and the ignition.

The oven I am getting is dual fuel, it has a gas oven, gas hob and gas top oven but then has an electric grill. In my house there is no "special" plug (the one with the big red switch) for electric ovens, so my oven now is plugged into the normal mains and is fine and has been for months since we got it.

The fuse size of the new oven is 32A- now i dont have a clue what this means at all and have no idea what the other oven is, will this need a special plug socket fitted? And if so, any idea on what the general cost of having these fitted are??

Sponsored Links
Does the paperwork tell you the rating of the grill element? 32A seems a lot just for a grilling element. If you need a dedicated 32A supply installing it will depend on the distance from the consumer unit to the cooker & the routing of the new cable & several other things. Doubt you will get anyone to give you a price here as you would need to get a quote from a competant electrician.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back