Fitting new french doors in place of existing window.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I'm planning on taking out a window at the back of our house, and replacing it with outward opening uPVC french doors.

Once the wall below the window is removed, it will leave an aperture that is more or less 2180 x 1680 in size.

I have searched the usual DIY stores for stock units to fit this size, and the closest seems to be 2090 x 1490. Does this seem appropriate? I have searched the forum for other posts and have seen some info on packing out frames when fitting, and even recommendations to have a gap either side... Is this an acceptable tolerance, or should I be thinking about a more bespoke/custom size unit?

Any thoughts appreciated, as I am still very much in the planning/costing phase.

Cheers.

Sponsored Links
You would be better of made to measure, you may pay slightly more but it will be worth it. Our prices are not that far from wickes and made to measure

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back