fitting new radiator

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hello this probably seems easy to everyone out there but not me :oops:

Have bought a new radiator to replace the old one with but when I got it home, although its the same size, the fittings are different and its slightly slimmer (not as wide), as in the valves/joints don't quite meet the old one. The original one I had is 20 years old.

What do I need to get the new radiator to fit the pipes and connectors which are already there - can I do this myself :)

Thanks

Sponsored Links
it depends on what the issues are. you can have 3/4 or 1/2 valves. if the depth id diff, then some times there is enough play in the pipe to pull it over, other times not.
if the new rad is too small then ,you can get extensions...

it would be helpfull if you desc the situation better or took a pix.

sorry i've got no camera and i am describing the situ as best I can :rolleyes:

see what you mean about pulling the pipe over may have to try that. you can tell I know nothing - are new radiators 3/4 or 1/2 inch valves?

reckon i shall have to visit a good plumbing shop and there was me thinking this was going to be an easy job. take one rad off put another one on!

thanks for your post and help though at least its given me something to go on.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back