Replacement Radiator fitting/size

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm wanting to install a new vertical radiator where the old one used to be. The distance between the pipe holes in the floor is 840mm! Does that mean I'd need to buy a radiator 750mm wide? I can't find any online.
I also want to install a standard compact radiator in the hall, but the pipe width is 540mm and I'm struggling to find a radiator that's 450 wide. There previously was a vertical radiator in there, so I'm assuming I'd need to either make new holes in the floor to fit a new compact radiator (a pain to do because of flooring) or buy a new vertical radiator?

Sponsored Links
Either replace like with like, reroute pipes above floor level or reroute pipes below floor level (the proper way IMO).

I'm wanting to install a new vertical radiator where the old one used to be. The distance between the pipe holes in the floor is 840mm! Does that mean I'd need to buy a radiator 750mm wide? I can't find any online.
I also want to install a standard compact radiator in the hall, but the pipe width is 540mm and I'm struggling to find a radiator that's 450 wide. There previously was a vertical radiator in there, so I'm assuming I'd need to either make new holes in the floor to fit a new compact radiator (a pain to do because of flooring) or buy a new vertical radiator?

Yes go smaller, or get a custom rad as long as the BTU is correct for the room. The best way it to re-adjust the tails from below ground and bring them up to the correct position.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back