Telescopic radiator fitting

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have fitted a new radiator which is slightly smaller than the old one, to take up the differance i bought a telescopic fitting that screwed into the radiator and mated up to the radiator valve, by the time the rubber o ring on the end of the fitting mates up the the radiator valve the nut is only 1/2-3/4 done up, but tight,trouble is with the nut tight water is leaking out of the telescopic connection, also you can move the radiator slightly, is this a dodgy telescopic fitting or is there something i am doing wrong.

Sponsored Links
sounds like your gap is little bigger than your fitting and putting pressure on the fitting and connections.
always try getting your connections/fittings so they don't need pushing or pulling together to do them up.

Although they look a good idea these fittings are carp and leak more often than not . Try and get one of the other fixed type that come in various sizes

Seco
Why does it sound like my gap is bigger than the fitting, in fact it would actually extend further if required. The telescopic part feels awfully loose. The gap from my rad inlet to the rad valve is 40mm, is there a bushing available ie something fixed that can't leak.

Sponsored Links
i always use extended tail piece's or the tail piece's which incorporate a drain off, neva leak n jus look neater

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back