telescopic radiator valves.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
john d.
i read your previous article on the above telescopic radiator vales and this would solve my problem of a 75mm gap either side of my rad and valve. are they compressin fitted and i am not a good solderer.

Sponsored Links
yes they would but sometimes leak, solid bushes would be better.

I got some TRVs which came with the adjustable tail connector, I didn't ask for it. You can also buy the tails separately for £3.30. I think they have an O-ring so should form a good seal. I haven't used them yet and haven't looked to see how they work.

I can't see how you'd fit this thing.
p1052609_l.jpg

This one looks like it fits a 3/4" rad nut and a 1/2" valve. I can't understand it.
p1054000_l.jpg

Or how about this thing?

p2372352_l.jpg

Sponsored Links
Telescopic tailss only good if there is no sidewards presure on them , they have to line up spot on otherwise they leak on the O ring

Chuck those adjustables (middle pic) in the skip - get sick of swapping them out. As namsag suggests any undue pressure will compress the O ring and they will leak. The heat often bakes the O rings 'cos they are garbage.

You screw it into rad add a nut and olive and cut to length req

Does the end facing Left screw into the rad threads?

Where does the chrome nut go?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back