What connector do i need for connecting this to new radiator

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi i was having my bathroom done and had the radiator taken off to be replaced with planned towel rail. Decided though to get new radiator instead. Now the old fitting was thrown out with the old radiator and I want to reconnect without having to drain system. I bought a set of connectors and one fits the one side but I need something to fit at 1/2 inch. I have a1/2 Blank on at moment. The pack of 2 connectors I bought only fit the right hand side.

Attachments

• 20240107_180722.jpg
    20240107_180722.jpg
    430.9 KB · Views: 59
  • 20240107_180649.jpg
    20240107_180649.jpg
    332.8 KB · Views: 62
Sponsored Links
Fit a rigid valve extension. 1/2'inch one end to go into the rad ,and 15mm tube the other ,which connects to your valve with an olive and nut.

Sponsored Links
Is it long enough ?
Have a look at www.BES.co.uk. website at part no 21357.
That's 60 mm long and can be cut shorter to suit.

Last edited:
Those seem the same dimensions as the 2 pack i bought but whilst it fitted right hand side of radiator the part that's screwed onto left hand valve is too wide. It's odd as a 1/2 blank cap does fit that end

So here is right hand side and the connector works fine but that end used a 3/4 blanking cap whilst the radiator was off. The other end and the end i am struggling with fitted a 1/2 blanking cap. The extension piece end cap is slightly too big to screw onto valve end ( i have a blanking cap on it in my photo)

Attachments

• 20240107_191407.jpg
    20240107_191407.jpg
    231.8 KB · Views: 36
They are not the same. The part I linked to has a half inch BSP threaded nut and olive. Yours are 3/4 union.

cheers it looks as if the specs on the one i bought from tool station are incorrect as in the reviews it states it is a 3/4 union as you have noted

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back